0x10c Forum |Site Info
Page
of 14

[1.7] ADE: DevKit 1.7.4 Beta Preview (disk, multi-mon, C language support, symbols list, plugin api)

132 replies
169 posts
+34 stars
Untagged users
Devkit has a lot of seriously big problems with some small parts of it. If it were open-sourced, it would be in a much healthier state.

@Memnarch, most VMs can be configured to consume x percent of system resources for the emulation. There is probably an error in that system (i.e, it is a fixed percent as default, meaning it will allocate way over the required amount of resources) That is a typical setup for an implementation of a virtual machine.

The slowdown can be explained maybe because allocating 81% of your ram forced a lot of application memory to be paged to your (I assume SSD driver because your computer sounds pretty bad ass)
DarkCPU OS - Open Sourced Community Kernel
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
If it were open sourced we might have max and Linux versions too. Seems that's something complained about alot
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
273 posts
+27 stars
Untagged users
jeremy wrote:
@Memnarch, most VMs can be configured to consume x percent of system resources for the emulation. There is probably an error in that system (i.e, it is a fixed percent as default, meaning it will allocate way over the required amount of resources) That is a typical setup for an implementation of a virtual machine.

That doesnt make sense Jeremy ;). The DCPU System is very limited, and has a limited amount of memory it can use. Anything above it, doesnt make sense. Thats called a memory leak here. Well, its not a leak, its more like an open floodgate.
jeremy wrote:
The slowdown can be explained maybe because allocating 81% of your ram forced a lot of application memory to be paged to your (I assume SSD driver because your computer sounds pretty bad ass)

I know ;)
Maybe my comment didnt sound to much techy, but i know this stuff. Thats my daily workbase. I was just surprised by this..eh well interesting result. STill wondering about the architecture in the background of DevKit

Greetings
Memnarch
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
Page
of 14
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Notices