0x10c Forum|Site Info
Page
of 14

[1.7] ADE: DevKit 1.7.4 Beta Preview (disk, multi-mon, C language support, symbols list, plugin api)

132 replies
169 posts
+34 stars
Devkit has a lot of seriously big problems with some small parts of it. If it were open-sourced, it would be in a much healthier state.

@Memnarch, most VMs can be configured to consume x percent of system resources for the emulation. There is probably an error in that system (i.e, it is a fixed percent as default, meaning it will allocate way over the required amount of resources) That is a typical setup for an implementation of a virtual machine.

The slowdown can be explained maybe because allocating 81% of your ram forced a lot of application memory to be paged to your (I assume SSD driver because your computer sounds pretty bad ass)
DarkCPU OS - Open Sourced Community Kernel
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
1001 posts
+248 stars
If it were open sourced we might have max and Linux versions too. Seems that's something complained about alot
sixsixsevenseven, proud member of HRSDL
How to compile to mono from Visual Studio 2010
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
273 posts
+27 stars
jeremy wrote:
@Memnarch, most VMs can be configured to consume x percent of system resources for the emulation. There is probably an error in that system (i.e, it is a fixed percent as default, meaning it will allocate way over the required amount of resources) That is a typical setup for an implementation of a virtual machine.

That doesnt make sense Jeremy ;). The DCPU System is very limited, and has a limited amount of memory it can use. Anything above it, doesnt make sense. Thats called a memory leak here. Well, its not a leak, its more like an open floodgate.
jeremy wrote:
The slowdown can be explained maybe because allocating 81% of your ram forced a lot of application memory to be paged to your (I assume SSD driver because your computer sounds pretty bad ass)

I know ;)
Maybe my comment didnt sound to much techy, but i know this stuff. Thats my daily workbase. I was just surprised by this..eh well interesting result. STill wondering about the architecture in the background of DevKit

Greetings
Memnarch
Posted Dec 27, 12
0  stars
Page
of 14
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Announcement of